Site Meter

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Religion = Man / Jesus = God

I know that a few might not like what I have to say, but here it goes. My "personal" view is that ALL religion is corrupt in some form and may take us away from a relationship with God. Did God send Jesus to teach us a religion, the answer is absolutely NOT. He sent Jesus for several reasons. The main of course is that we may have eternal life. John 17:3 reads, And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. In John 3:16 it tells us For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have everlasting life. So God sent Jesus that we might have everlasting life. But Jesus also set an example for us on how to live our lives. Step by step through the Bible we learn from Jesus how to treat people, how to pray, how to have faith, how to praise God. Matthew 11:29 tells us, Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me: for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Isn't that a beautiful verse! Jesus taught us so much, but I can not find anywhere in the Bible where He teaches us about religion. Now I am not in anyway saying not to go to church. Jesus himself tells us to fellowship with like mined believers. And I believe that church "can" be a good thing, it should just Always come second to Jesus! Now I have to tell you I love going to my church, my family has been with the same pastor (whom, we love) for around 12 years now, I think its been that long, gee time goes by. And Pastor J, teaches Jesus. Now if I had to choose, man's religion, or God's Jesus, I CHOOSE JESUS!

No comments: