Site Meter

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Crucible


Right now my son and his Platoon are being woke up to begin the Crucible. What is the Crucible? It is what every recruit must go through in order to become a Marine. It is 54 hours of very little sleep, 6-8 if they are lucky. Only 2 MRE's (meals ready to eat) and about 52 miles of hiking that consist of lots of obstacles they have to overcome. They will be tiered, hungry, sore and have lots of blisters at the end of this, but they will Stand tall, Stand proud, they will be Marines! My son will be a Marine, oh where time has gone, I miss my little boy who for hours at a time played with his little army dudes. My boy who always kept us laughing. Father in Heaven, be with my Dyl, with all the boys in Charlie Unit. give them the strength of Christ, that they are alert, strong, healthy, safe and that they feel Jesus right there with them. Allow them to go through this time with ease, that they will learn, that they will grow close together as brothers, as one. Bring my Dyl to the end, bring them all through to the end. I ask you this in Jesus' name, Amen.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phill 4:13
We made this sign to hang up, we will fly the flag all of the 54 hours, night and day. I will have a candle burning each night. GOD BLESS MY BOY

No comments: