Site Meter

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the Crucible down 46 1/2 hours

46 1/2 hours is here, WOW! How do you think Dyl and the boys are feeling at this point? I know they are so so sore, tiered, hungry and so so wishing they were at the top of the Reaper!! The Reaper is the 4 mile hike up a mountain side that is very steep, when they get to the top and ascend down, they are finished! Please pray with me for these last 7 1/2 hours to hold our boys well, that Dylan, Austin, Dakota and all of our boys in Charlie Co. to do great, be strong and courages and safe.

Dylan's very favorite: Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake. yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

I wonder if Dyl has thought of this Psalm during his trials? But I do know this verse must be in his heart as I wrote it on nearly every letter I sent him; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I am going to have another hard time sleeping tonight even more then the last two nights, because in the morning my boy will be a Marine!

Our Country will have several more young men fighting for us, and they will have 3 of the finest young men there is, DYLAN, AUSTIN and DAKOTA! The flag is flying on our front porch all lit up, the candle is burning to light Dyl's way home (this is a tradition that families put a candle in their window during the crucible for their boy) The boys mom has her flag up and candles going too for Austin and Dakota!

No comments: