Site Meter

Friday, January 30, 2009

my baby is 3




Today my baby turns three. We have been so blessed watching him grow to the sweet, funny, loving little boy he is today. I can't believe I am saying little boy instead of baby. It took us 5 years to get pregnant with R.C. I hemorrhaged when I was 5 weeks with him, and put on complete bed rest, I talked to my little baby that I nick named Taeter Tot, all through my pregnancy, telling lil Taeter to stay put. Well I hemorrhaged again at 31 weeks with him and he was born 9 weeks early at a big 4 lbs. 3 oz. We had decided to wait for the birth to find out what we were having, and it was my husband that said when they pulled my little one out, "It's a boy!" We were thrilled! He did very well and only spent one month in the NICU. To say the NICU staff and I didn't see things eye to eye is a bit mild. I didn't want my little guy immunized, and given all kinds of unnecessary drugs ended up with me having very little sleep as I had to stand guard at his plastic bassinet. The NICU is also not a big fan of you holding your baby much, and they finaly learned to just leave my alone in that area. I held my baby pretty much when I wanted as I listened to them tell all the younger moms around me how it wasn't good to hold them so much. I remember one day telling my little Taeter, that when I got him home I would hold him forever and never put him down. Boy did he hold me to that. The day he came home he refused to be down, he never cried in the hospital, but if I put him down once at home he would cry. I was sure he knew what I had promised. Cody and I never complained about holding him, he was held 95 % of the time his first year. He slept on my chest or right next to me snugged up. I carried him all day in a baby sling so that I could take care of house and the other children. Cody would come home from work and do a lot of the holding the rest of the night and we loved it. Now today our little guy still comes and wants to snuggle a lot but his world is down, running around, exploring the world. His most favorite thing in the world is to be in the Mounts as he calls them. He loves to hike up the tallest biggest hills. Ride his big 4-wheeler, play guns, cars and blocks. He is his Daddy's lil "buck aroo" and by his side most the time wanting to do every thing with daddy. But he loves to play with his brother J.J too. He has brought our family so much love and joy, his lil giggle and pitter patter feet running around the house make my heart leap with joy! I love you my lil Taeter forever and then.



No comments: